ICV USCF 50th Tournament
- Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Worth, IL
- Open Tournaments
Note - Tournament to be conducted in parallel to our weekly tournament
Address: American Legion Marrs - Meyer Post 991, 11001 S. Depot Ave, Worth, Il 60482
Driving: 1 block from Harlem and 111th street. Behind City Hall.
Eligibility: USCF membership - Current required. 1 day USCF memberships are available for $10 for new USCF players. Veteran status - Not required. American Legion membership - Not required.
Entry fee: $35 - Prior to 1 May, $50 - After 30 April, Every event entry will receive an ICV logo baseball cap. All veterans who enter will receive a chess medal.
Payment: Online - Credit Card. At the door - Cash and personal checks.
Preregister: www.eventbrite.com, Search: ICV USCF 50th, City: Worth, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/icv-uscf-50th-rated-tournament-tickets-33813089862
Registration: 1:00pm - 1:30pm
First Round: ASAP after registration. Late entrants will receive a 0.5 bye. No entry after 1st Round
Section: Open - 4 Round Swiss. G/45 d5. USCF Dual. Max 50 entrants.
- <10 entrants. Tournament cancelled. Entry fee refunded.
- 10-29 entrants. 1st - $150, 2nd - $100, 3rd - $50
- 30-50 entrants. 1st -$300, 2nd - $150, 3rd - $100, 4th - $50
Unrated /provisional players may only receive a max $50 cash prize.
- Lowest USCF rating- ICV Manual, Chess Clock, ICV logo chess set
- Most points (Ties included) U/1000 - Chess Clock
- Most points (Ties included) U/1500 - ICV logo chess set
- Most points (Ties included) U/1800 - ICV logo chess board
- Most points (Ties included) U/2000 - ICV Chess Logbook
Refreshments: USCF 50th Rated Tournament Celebration Cake
AL Post 991 offerings:
- Food/Drink: $4 - Personal pizza and drink. Drinks available at bar area for purchase.
- Other: “Ace of Hearts” 50/50 raffle. $5 for 6 tickets. Drawing at 4pm.
- American Legion Marrs-Meyer (Post 991)