2018 US Amateur Team North
- Friday, February 16, 2018 - Sunday, February 18, 2018
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg - Schaumburg, IL
- Open Tournaments
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, 1800 E. Golf Rd., Schaumburg, Illinois.
Event Information: 5 round Swiss, open to 4 player teams with one optional alternate. Teams average rating (4 highest ratings, January 2018 rating list) must be under 2200. USCF Rated. Complete rules at chessweekend.com
Time Controls: Game/90 +30s increment from move 1. Rounds 1 and 2 in the 2-day schedule play Game/60, d5.
Individuals wishing to play, send $50 by USPS and online by 6pm on February 11 or $60 thereafter, and request to be put on a team. Note: we can guarantee you will play, but can’t guarantee which schedule or the ratings of your team.
Team changes onsite or after 6pm on February 16, $20.
Winning team qualifies for national playoffs. Awards to:
- top three teams
- top teams with average rating Under 1900, Under 1600,Under 1300. and Under 1000
- best team name
- best costume or theme
- top team composed of juniors (high school and younger)
- top college team (all players in college)
- top high school team (all players in high school)
- top senior team (all players 50 and over)
- top mixed doubles team (two women and two men)
- top individual score on each board.
Prizes are Amazon gift cards.
3-day, onsite registration/check-in Friday, February 16, 5:30pm-6:30pm; Round 1, 7pm. Saturday, February 17, Round 2 10am; Round 3, 4pm. Sunday, February 18, Round 4, 10am; Round 5, 3:30pm.
2-day, onsite registration/check-in Saturday, February 17, 8am-9:30am; Round 1, 10am; Round 2, 1pm then merge with 3-day schedule in Round 3.
Northern Blitz Championship: 5 round double Swiss (2 games with each opponent) G/3, inc. 2, FIDE and US Chess-rated. $550 b/30 paid entries. Saturday night, February 17. Entry fee $25 if received USPS or online by February 14, $30 online or at site. Round 1; 8pm, or immediately after the USAT evening round.
Hotel: Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, 1800 E. Golf Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60173. Telephone 847-605-1234. $100.00 chess rate single-double-triple-quad until 2/5/18, To register online: https://aws.passkey.com/go/ChessWeekendFeb2018. Free WiFi included with Room! Please reserve early.
- 1800 E. Golf Rd