1000+ Schaumburg Library Quad
- Sunday, March 4, 2018
- Schaumburg, IL
- Open Tournaments
3 Round-robin (RR) Quads, G/50; d5 (Game 50 plus 5 second delay). USCF Dual Rated.
Schaumburg Township District Library
130 S. Roselle Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193
**We will be on the second floor, "Adult classroom". Take the stairs/elevator and the room should be on the right side.
Quads (4 players with similar rating will be put into a quad and will play each other).Unfortunately, we will not accept any player(s) rated less than 1000; published USCF Live Regular Rating determines eligibility.
**NO ON-SITE ENTRIES, NO EXCEPTION**
FREE! Pre-register by clicking here.
But to help cover my expenses, there is an option of "buying" a raffle ticket online for $7. Three random players will be chosen from the raffle section to get a free entry [a $15+ value] to any of my upcoming tournaments.
TD has the right to disqualify members from the raffle prize for not giving any advance notice [24 hours] regarding no-shows.
Registration closes the night before the tournament day at 8 PM.
- Check-in and registration: 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Round 1 = 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- *Round 2 = 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- *Round 3 = 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- *Players may start earlier, if both you and your Quad opponent are ready. It is the player's responsibility to come back before the round time.
If time permits, we will have a Blitz tournament that is open to anybody with a USCF membership. You may leave whenever, but I am expecting to host this till 8:30 PM. Time control will be G/3; +2 (Game 3, plus 2 second increment)
Your Prize: 3 quality games on a *probably* cold Sunday.
- Please bring sets + digital clocks, limited amount supplied.
- Public Wi-Fi is available.
- Limit 56 players.
- No smoking or food in the playing hall.
- Coffee shop on the first floor (open all day)
- Wally's Coffeehouse (Pre-tournament breakfast)
- Pancake house (Pre-tournament breakfast)
- Lou's Malnati's Pizza (After-tournament dinner)
- Bonefish Grill (Open all day)
- Frozen yogurt (Open all day)
- Mug's Pizza & Ribs (3 PM to 3 AM [not a typo])
- Schaumburg Public Library