Illinois Open State Championship—ILLINOIS CHESS TOUR
- Saturday, September 2, 2017 - Monday, September 4, 2017
- Northbrook, IL
- Open Tournaments
2017 Illinois Open State Championship
An Illinois Chess Tour Event.
$10,000 Guaranteed! $9,400 tournament prize fund plus $600 in door prizes for ICA members!
Site: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2875 N. Milwaukee Ave., Northbrook, IL 60062. Hotel phone for accommodation bookings ONLY: (847) 298-2525; Hotel booking: www.crowneplaza.com/northbrookchi, $94 room rate if reserved early with Group Code ILL. Hotel Food Deal: Free hot breakfast buffet for guests. 25% discount at Willows Restaurant to all tournament participants.
Sections: Open (open to all) and Reserve (Under 1800 or unrated). Both sections FIDE Rated - FIDE Laws of Chess will be followed.
- 3-day option — Sept 2-4, G/90+30, Sat. & Sun. 12 noon & 6 p.m., Mon. 10:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- 2-day option (ideal for those wanting to play in Saturday night’s Illinois Blitz Championship) — Sept. 3-4, rds. 1-3 G/45 d5, then merge with 3-day at rd. 4. Sun. 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 6 p.m., Mon. 10:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m.
1/2-point byes (maximum two) OK all rounds, must commit by end of round 2; round 6 byes may not be rescinded after round 2.
Prizes: $9,400 unconditionally guaranteed!
- Open Section: $1,500-900-450-260-150; Under 2400 $480-230-120; Under 2200 $460-220-110; Under 2000 $450-210-100.
- Reserve (Under 1800) Section: $900-500-225-140-105; Under 1600 $360-180-120; Under 1400 $350-170-110; Under 1200 $340-160-100.
Unrated players qualify for top prizes only.
$600 in door prizes! Amazon gift cards given to ICA members.
- $97 USPS postmarked by 8/11 and on-line by 7 p.m. on 8/11
- $117 USPS postmarked after 8/11 (must be received by 8/25);
- Online by 6 p.m. on 9/1 for 3-day schedule;
- Online by 6 p.m. on 9/2 for 2-day schedule.
- On-site registration: $135, 10-11:30 a.m. Sat., 9-10:30 a.m. Sun.
- Entries after cutoff receive ½-point byes for round 1.
- Reentries for $50 with appropriate byes.
$5 discount for ICA members (annual dues $15 regular, $10 scholastic— join at www.il-chess.org).
$20 extra to play in Open Section with rating of 1799 and below.
Free entry to Illinois GMs, WGMs, IMs, WIMs, FMs, WFMs.
Register at http://www.kingregistration.com/tournaments/event/ILOpen2017 or mail checks postmarked by 8/11 to Illinois Chess Association, PO Box 4521, Skokie, IL 60077-4521. No phone entries. Re-entries $50 with appropriate byes.
Boards, sets, and clocks provided by The Illinois Chess Association. All special rules, details, and tournament conditions subject to change without notice; changes will be posted ASAP at the site & online.
One-day Scholastic side event on Saturday daytime, 9/2, details and registration at http://www.kingregistration.com/tournaments/event/ldwscholastic17
Illinois Blitz Championship on Saturday evening, 9/2, details and registration at http://www.kingregistration.com/tournaments/event/ilblitz2017.
Not all web pages may be active until 7/20/17 – please check back.
The Illinois Chess Association has a 56-year history as a federally-recognized
501 c3 non-profit and is the Illinois affiliate of US Chess (the USCF).
Summary of differences between FIDE Laws of Chess and US Chess Federation rules: http://www.uschess.org/content/view/12723/668
FIDE Laws of Chess: http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.html?id=171&view=article
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Northbrook