Albert Chow has notated a selection of the king pawn games from the Chicago Open. There is a good mix of master and grandmaster games as well as a wide range of openings. Most fall into Sicilian but the games presented offer a rich variety of variations within the opening.
Chicago Open 2012 in the ICA Games Db
As a player who doesn't play this opening much it's reassuring to see a master also face the wrong end of the Yugoslav attack. But there are other openings for those interested in the Center-Counter, Four Knights, Giuoco Piano and Ruy Lopez Openings. I hope you'll find as I did, that in this database of games, there are some great chess moments.
- 2018 Illinois Tour Schedule Announced
- ICA Election cycle underway - Call for Nominations
- ICA's 2017 Annual Meeting Scheduled for November 18
- Opportunities Available To Serve as Delegate to US Chess Business Meetings in Wisconsin During Late Summer of '18
- ICA Seeks Downstate Board Member
- Volunteeers Sought for ICA Bid Committee