Albert Chow has notated a selection of the king pawn games from the Chicago Open. There is a good mix of master and grandmaster games as well as a wide range of openings. Most fall into Sicilian but the games presented offer a rich variety of variations within the opening.
Chicago Open 2012 in the ICA Games Db
As a player who doesn't play this opening much it's reassuring to see a master also face the wrong end of the Yugoslav attack. But there are other openings for those interested in the Center-Counter, Four Knights, Giuoco Piano and Ruy Lopez Openings. I hope you'll find as I did, that in this database of games, there are some great chess moments.
- Steve Szpisjak, Angelo Young Top '17 IL Senior Open
- Three IL Players Up 300 Points in October; 63 Up 100+
- ICA to Offer Special Deals for Online Chess to ALL Players
- Illinois Full of Over the Board Opportunities for National Chess Day on Saturday, October 14
- Shake Hands with National Tournament Director Tim Just
- Roselle Library’s inaugural chess meeting and event
- Casual and Competitive Chess at the Roselle Public Library!
- Indiana's Parnham Wins Springfield National Chess Day Tournament Dedicated to Former SCC President Donelly
- Stevenson High Schoolers Teach Their Successors
- Glenwood Chess Club Seeks Volunteer Tutors
- ICA Election cycle underway - Call for Nominations
- ICA's 2017 Annual Meeting Scheduled for November 18
- Opportunities Available To Serve as Delegate to US Chess Business Meetings in Wisconsin During Late Summer of '18
- ICA Seeks Downstate Board Member
- Volunteeers Sought for ICA Bid Committee
- Opportunity For ICA Involvement; IL Open & IL Class Staffing