Albert Chow has notated a selection of the king pawn games from the Chicago Open. There is a good mix of master and grandmaster games as well as a wide range of openings. Most fall into Sicilian but the games presented offer a rich variety of variations within the opening.
Chicago Open 2012 in the ICA Games Db
As a player who doesn't play this opening much it's reassuring to see a master also face the wrong end of the Yugoslav attack. But there are other openings for those interested in the Center-Counter, Four Knights, Giuoco Piano and Ruy Lopez Openings. I hope you'll find as I did, that in this database of games, there are some great chess moments.
- Illinois Full of Over the Board Opportunities for National Chess Day on Saturday, October 14
- Shake Hands with National Tournament Director Tim Just
- 242 IL Players Enhance Ratings in September; 3 Up 300+ !!!
- 2017 Illinois Open Hits FIDE October Ratings
- Election Season Begins For At-Large Board Members To ICA
- Indiana's Parnham Wins Springfield National Chess Day Tournament Dedicated to Former SCC President Donelly
- Stevenson High Schoolers Teach Their Successors
- Glenwood Chess Club Seeks Volunteer Tutors
- Nearly 70 Play in Inaugural CCI 2017 Chicago Cup
- Ricky Roman Wins 2017 Lozano Late Summer Tournament; 86 Face-Off in Four Sections At CPL Pilsen Branch in Chicago
- WCM Jacob Furfine Ties For 6th Place at 2017 World Youth in Under 16's in Uruguay; Aydin Turgut Ties for 9th in U14's
- Update: Illinois With Three Players on Top 6 Boards at Uruguay World Youth Heading into 11th and Final Round
- September 2017: 47 Illinois Girls in Top 100's, 10 in Top 20
- September 2017 Top 100's: Not-So-Terrible Two's!
- Arthur Xu, Family, Reflect on World U10 Silver